REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS:
50,000 SF Light Industrial Building
The Transylvania Economic Alliance, herein after, the Alliance, is hereby soliciting responses from interested architectural firms. All professional services will be procured through a qualification-based selection process, without regard to fee, in accordance with G.S. 143-64.31 and G.S. 143.64.32. The scope of work is described herein.
Transylvania Economic Alliance is seeking an architectural firm to design a 50,000 SF light industrial building within the City of Brevard and Transylvania County. The project is located at 600 Ecusta Road, Brevard, North Carolina (PINS: 8597-31-5264 and 8597-31-8245) which is zoned General Industrial Conditional District by the City of Brevard. The property consists of 6.94± acres and has frontage on Ecusta Road (SR 1512). The building project will be funded by Transylvania County in concert with grant support through the Golden LEAF Foundation.
The Alliance has identified one tenant for the building who is an outdoor equipment manufacturer already located in Western North Carolina. The building will be used for a minimum of two tenants. The identified tenant will occupy approximately 30,000 SF and the remainder of the space will be a shell building for future tenants or expansion for the current tenant.
SCOPE OF WORK:
- Preliminary Design Phase
- Collect project criteria from the Alliance and verify programming criteria.
- Prepare conceptual designs and layouts.
- Present final preliminary design to the Alliance for review.
- Detailed Design Phase
- Based on the approved Preliminary Design, prepare Architectural, Structural, Mechanical and Electrical Construction Drawings and specifications (project manual) for bidding and permitting.
- Include all necessary and required consultants’ documents into one package for bidding and permitting. Coordinate all disciplines with each other in order to deliver a complete bid package.
- Submit plans and specifications to local building authority for permitting and revise drawings to meet all governmental comments and revisions.
- Respond to all governmental reviews and revise construction documents accordingly. If project is being bid during this period, issue required addenda to all bidders reflecting any Construction Document changes.
- Bidding and Negotiation
- Assist the Alliance in Invitations for Bid (IFB) and issue drawings and specifications for bidding purposes which includes preparing and distribution of bid package(s), as required.
- Attend construction pre-bid meetings, bid clarification meetings (as necessary) and pre-award meetings.
- Assist with bid evaluations (if required) and verify that contractor bids reflect the required scope of work.
- Construction Administration
- Provide construction administration services including, but not limited to Request for Information (RFI’s), bulletins, change orders, submittal and shop drawing review, punch lists, etc.
- Attend weekly project meetings and provide support for coordination and scheduling issues.
- Perform job site visits at regular intervals, but no less than twice a month, to evaluate adherence to project plans and specifications. Job site visits should be timed in accordance with the Contractor’s Application of Certificates for Payment which the A/E will review and approve.
- Assist in resolving field problems and disputes in the most economical and expeditious manner possible with the goal of keeping costs at or below the budgeted amount.
- Assist with obtaining Certificate of Occupancy from local building authority as necessary.
- Collect “As-Built” information from the General Contractor at the end of the project and update the construction drawings to reflect the as-built conditions and submit the updated drawings to the Alliance upon completion of the project.
Four (4) copies of the submittals shall be made in an 8 ½” x 11” bound hardcopy format. Provide (1) electronic copy in pdf format on CD or flash drive. Place all submittal materials in a sealed package with the project title clearly labeled on the outside of the package. Limit responses to no more than 12 one sided or 6 double sided sheets. Proposals more than 12 one sided sheets may not be considered. The submittal shall contain no less than the following:
- Cover sheet title: “RFQ: 50,000 SF Light Industrial Building for Transylvania Economic Alliance”, Date, Firm name and contact information. Link to the firm website and/or optional supplementary information.
- Letter of introduction and interest stating specific project for consideration as defined above.
- Office, project manager and design team members and/or firms to service the project with biography of firm, team members and licenses and certifications. Flow diagram graphically representing team organization. Lead designer for each specialty must be clearly identified.
- A list of client references for which similar work has been performed.
- Reports or graphic illustrations of similar work performed.
- Completed E-Verify Affidavit.
E-mail and Fax submittals will not be accepted.
SELECTION PROCESS AND SCHEDULE:
Responses to this RFQ are due at 3PM on January 5, 2017.
In selecting an architectural firm the selection committee should take into consideration qualification information including such factors as:
- Specialized or appropriate expertise in the type of project.
- Past performance on similar projects.
- Adequate staff and proposed design or consultant team for the project.
- Current workload and public projects awarded.
- Proposed design approach for the project including design team and consultants.
- Recent experience with project costs and schedules.
- Construction administration capabilities.
- Proximity to and familiarity with the area where the project is located.
- Record of successfully completed projects without major legal or technical problems.
- Other factors which may be appropriate for the project.
Interviews are not anticipated; however, a shortlist of firms may be requested by the selection committee to submit additional information. The selection committee will recommend a architectural firm to the Transylvania Economic Alliance who is best qualified for the referenced work, followed by negotiations for service fees.
All submittals, questions, and inquiries shall be sent to:
Mr. Josh Hallingse
Transylvania Economic Alliance
147 East Main Street, Suite 301
Brevard, NC 28712
Any subsequent questions that arise should be sent in writing prior to December 15, 2016 to the Executive Director at the mailing or email address listed above.
Add Page to Report
As you navigate our site, you can use the “Add to Report” button add any page or property to a custom report that you can print out or save.